Sundance Hills Equestrian has been conducting summer day camps for more than a decade, and we’ve put together a great program. Each rider will receive maximum saddle time, learn valuable horsemanship skills and have an experience to cherish forever!
Youth and Advanced camps run Monday – Thursday, 8 am to noon and Friday, 8 am to 2 pm. Friday’s camp includes a pizza and pool party. Adult camps run Monday – Thursday, 4:30 – 6:30 pm.
Once you register, please proceed to our Payment Page to place your deposit or payment in full.
See below for more information and to register. If you have questions, please contact Sara at (619) 843-3243. We hope to see you this summer!
- Perfect for beginners.
- Designed for riders ages 4 to 12.
- Riders learn basic to advanced-beginner riding skills, plus grooming, tacking & bathing a horse, horse behavior & safety, games on horseback, anatomy, colors, breeds, stable chores and more.
- One full hour of riding each day.
- $350; early bird discount applies if registering by April 15, 2023. Afterward, sibling discount applies.
- Intermediate & Advanced camps in English & Western disciplines.
- English & Western/Gymkhana camps are separate, with Erin teaching English riders and Sara teaching Western/Gymkhana riders.
- Some camps have a special focus for Western/Gymkhana riders, such as Horsemanship or Goat Tying & Roping, led by special instructors. These activities will occur after the two hours of riding.
- 2 hours of riding/day.
- Advanced camp riders MUST be pre-approved by Sara or Erin to register and must be fully comfortably at a fast canter/lope.
- Intermediate camps are suitable for those who are no longer beginners–though may still need some help tacking up–can walk, trot and canter and are looking to advance their gymkhana skills.
- $400; early bird discount applies if registering by April 15, 2023. Afterward, sibling discount applies.
- Perfect for the non-competitive adult who wants to hang out with horses & friends.
- Riders need to know how to walk and jog their horses, with some loping experience, and must be able to tack up independently.
- We cover a range of disciplines, including western equitation, dressage and gymkhana.
- 1.5 – 2 hours of riding/day.
- June 12 – 16: CAMP IS FULL; WAITLIST OPTION OPEN.
- June 19 – 23: CAMP IS FULL; WAITLIST OPTION OPEN.
- July 17 – 21
- July 31 – August 4
- August 7 – 11
- June 5 – 9: Advanced Gymkhana / Intermediate Gymkhana. Goat Tying & Roping Focus for Advanced Gymkhana Riders After Riding. ONE SPOT REMAINING FOR ADVANCED & WAITLIST OPTION FOR INTERMEDIATE.
- June 26 -30: Advanced Gymkhana / Advanced English. Horsemanship Focus for Gymkhana Riders After Riding. WESTERN/GYMKHANA PORTION IS FULL; WAITLIST OPTION OPEN.
- July 10 – 14: Advanced Gymkhana / Intermediate Gymkhana. Goat Tying & Roping Focus for Advanced Gymkhana Riders After Riding. ADVANCED GYMKHANA PORTION IS FULL; WAITLIST OPTION OPEN.
- July 24 – 28: Advanced Gymkhana / Intermediate English. Goat Tying & Roping Focus for Gymkhana Riders After Riding. WESTERN/GYMKHANA PORTION IS FULL; WAITLIST OPTION OPEN.
- June 12 – 15: Special Horsemanship Focus. ONE SPOT REMAINING.
- July 17 – 20
- July 31 – August 3