Click here to find out who you’re riding!
Click here for a photo of the trail class pattern.
Click here to volunteer to help at the Fun Show.
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be having a fun show on Saturday, October 23, starting at 9 am. (Riders should be tacked up and warming up for the first event by 8:30 am.) This is a great opportunity for some of our riders who are newer to showing to get an experience of the fun and excitement of showing in a familiar and friendly environment.
Please note that our fun show is limited to Sundance Hills Equestrian Center riders only, as we are expecting a large number of riders from our ranch and can’t accommodate a large number of riders and horses trailering in.
Registration is now closed.
Here’s a list of events plus the order of events, below. If you have any questions, please reach out to Sara at (619) 843-3243 or email@example.com. Thanks and see you soon!
Events & Descriptions
For the pleasure, equitation and Hurry Hack classes, our judge will be Pina Corral.
- English/Western Pleasure Walk/Trot– Riders must be able to walk and trot on the rail. The judge will then determine if their horse is a pleasure to ride.
- English/Western Equitation walk/trot– Riders must walk and trot on the rail. Judge will look at the rider’s posture/form and judge their form.
- English/Western Pleasure walk/trot/lope– Riders must be able to walk, jog/trot, lope/canter on the rail. The judge will evaluate which horse is a pleasure to ride through all three gaits.
- English/Western Equitation walk/jog/lope– Riders must be able to walk, jog/trot, lope/canter on the rail. The judge will look at the rider’s posture/form and judge their form in all three gaits.
- Barrels– a standard “clover leaf” barrel pattern. 3 second penalty will be applied if barrel is knocked down. This pattern is NOT the same size as a CGA barrel pattern.
- Hurry Hack– Riders have to walk/trot/canter both directions; after performing the flat work, riders will line up on the inside of the ring, and individually jump two cross rails. Riders are judged on overall performance. (IE, leads/diagonals and posture).
- Speed Ball- Riders are given a golf ball and have to gallop down to the cone and drop the ball into the cone. If the ball goes in, rider gets a time. If it doesn’t go in, rider gets a no time.
- Big T– Riders must do the Big T pattern. Placing is determined by speed. For every pole or barrel knocked down the rider will get two seconds added to their time.
- Polehole– Riders weave through poles, then enter into a keyhole at the end of the pattern, come out of the keyhole and weave back. Every pole knocked down is a 2 second penalty, if they hit the keyhole 10 seconds are added.
- Egg & Spoon Race– Riders are given an egg and spoon and have to balance the egg on the spoon without using their fingers. Whoever has the egg on the spoon the longest wins.
- Musical Stalls– Chalk lines are drawn on the ground in the form of stalls. Music will play. When the music stops riders must get their horse into a stall without jumping/crossing over the chalk lines. The rider left without a stall is disqualified. Another stall is then taken away and the music will start again until only one rider is left in one stall. (Very similar to musical chairs, but this is done on horseback).
- Clothes Race- Riders can pair themselves into teams, One team member rides down with baggy clothes on, dismounts, takes off the baggy clothes; their teammate then has to put the clothes on, mount, and then race back.
- Trail Class– Obstacles are set in the arena and riders will have to navigate through the obstacles backwards, sideways, open gates, etc. Placing is determined by how accurate the rider is through the obstacles.
- Ride a buck– Riders must be able to ride bareback for this class and must be able to walk/jog/lope. Every rider is given a $1 bill and must place the bill between their inner thigh and the horse. The riders must then do as the judge says, and whoever keeps their bill the longest wins.
- Costume Class– Horses and riders must be in costume for this class. Please make sure that if you do this class, you get your horse used to their costume BEFORE the show. Horses that are not able to enter quietly with their costume on will be disqualified.
Order of Events
CLASSES (All classes to be held in lower arena):
- English/Western Pleasure walk/trot/jog open
- English/Western Equitation walk/trot-jog open
- English/Western Pleasure walk/trot-jog/canter-lope open
- English/Western Equitation walk/trot-jog/canter-lope open
- Barrels (JACKPOT)
- Hurry Hack
15 MINUTE BREAK
- Big T
- Polehole (JACKPOT)
- Egg & Spoon Race
- Musical Stalls
- Clothes Race
- Trail Class
15 MINUTE COSTUME BREAK
- Costume Class
RULES & REGULATIONS:
Helmets must be worn by all riders 18 years of age or younger. And must be worn by ALL riders jumping.
Cost: $5.00/class, Additional $5.00 to enter in EACH “Jackpot” class. Payout is 100% 1D&2D, 5 seconds between divisions 1D=60% payout, 2D= 40% payout.
Riders who participate in walk/trot classes may not cross-enter into walk/trot/canter classes.
Parking will be at 7933 West Lilac Rd. (Sara’s House) NOT at the ranch, and bring your own chair and shade.